Starting to plan your wedding, but unsure where to begin?
We’ve compiled a list of our favourite wedding businesses around Ottawa! These are all fantastic small businesses that put every effort into making sure your day is as unique as you are.
And the best part? All of these wedding vendors are 100% pride-friendly!
We’ve listed everyone here in alphabetical order for your browsing pleasure.
- Blumenstudio (Florist) – Kat is a local florist who creates the most stunning arrangements that you will ever lay your eyes on. If you are after unique, one-of-a-kind flowers for your wedding, you need to stop by Blumen Studio! They also carry our treats on a regular basis, so there is an added bonus with that – teehee!
- First Kiss Films (Cinematographer) - Your big day is filmed on 16mm and Super 8mm to create the most gorgeous vintage-style film for you to cherish for many years to come. Their videos are unlike any you’ve seen these days; they are so romantic and dreamy!
- Flights of Fancy (Fascinators and accessories) - We’re kind of partial to this vendor… As in its owner kinda sorta works for us when she’s not creating amazing hairpieces so we’d be in trouble if we didn’t feature her here… Teehee! Kidding aside, Kate 2.0 is the founder of Flights of Fancy, and she makes custom fascinators to go with the feeling of your wedding – or any occasion, for that matter! The bigger, the better – she loves to get really creative.
- I Do Wedding Designs (Wedding Planner/Designer) – Looking to plan a 100% vegan wedding? We recommend you go see Jennifer at I Do Wedding Designs! Jennifer is a vegan herself, so you know you will have someone in your corner checking over everything to make sure your wedding is 100% cruelty-free. We love that Jennifer also makes sure to advertise that her business is specifically pride-friendly!
- Icicle Treats (Food Services) - You will not find a more unique option to offer your guests at your wedding (other than a ridiculously amazing and delicious cake/cupcakes/etc from us, of course! Teehee) than gourmet, hand-made popsicles. They have some vegan options as well, which makes them that much more exciting!
- Isobel’s (Food Services) - Don’t be shocked that we have another bakery on our recommendations list! Isobel’s is a 100% nut-free premises, which is something that we just cannot offer. Their product is absolutely fantastic, and we do not hesitate to send business their way when we cannot accommodate!
- Luxe Bridal (Dresses and accessories) – This bridal boutique is located in the ByWard Market, and is the location in downtown Ottawa for exclusive and unique wedding dresses. Lisa and Madeleine (owners) are wonderful friends of the bakery, and they do everything to make your search for the perfect dress as stress-free as possible!
- Natalie Lyle (Photography) - We love seeing Natalie around whenever we happen to be at the same event – she is always so full of energy and genuinely interested in what is happening! She applies the same passion and acute attention to detail to her photography.
- Purple Urchin (Favours) - Purple Urchin is a local hand-made soap & skin care company who used to work the craft show circuit. They recently decided to take the plunge and open up shop on Somerset St.! They can offer unique, hand-made products that are great for wedding favours or gifts for your wedding party!
- Splendid Events (Wedding Planner) - Amy is the mastermind behind Splendid Events – We doubt you will ever find someone so dedicated to creating the most fantastic, stress-free event that you have ever attended! Her enthusiasm will keep you excited and you’ll always have the peace of mind that your event will go off without a hitch! We’re positive you will love her as much as we do.
- Stellar Events (Wedding Planner) - Cristie and her team are dedicated to turning their clients’ vision into an unforgettable event! In addition to wedding and event planning services, they also offer make-up artistry, singers, and graphic design!
- Taste Catering and Events (Food Services) - One of Ottawa’s newest catering companies; they have designed a vegan-friendly menu which sounds absolutely delicious! They are happy to work with their clients to create custom menus to suit their event.
- The Candy Store (Food Services) - We have been so lucky to collaborate with The Candy Store in the past. They create amazing candy buffets using candies in your wedding colours! Just think of the amazing display that could be made using a combination of a candy buffet and cakes or cupcakes… Gorgeous!
- Thyme & Again (Food Services) - One of Ottawa’s best catering companies. In addition to delicious and unparalleled menus, Thyme & Again can also help you to find the right venue, rentals, and other options. We love seeing them every once in a while when we happen to be delivering a cake to one of our mutual clients’ weddings!
- Urbanite Jewelry (Accessories) - Handmade, modern, unique designs made by the one and only Krista. Krista also happens to be the mastermind behind Wed By Hand – our favourite wedding show! You’ll love working with her to find that special, one-of-a-kind piece to wear on your wedding day. Don’t forget – jewelry is a fantastic gift idea for any bridesmaids or maids of honour!
- Vanessa Dewson (Photographer) - Vanessa doesn’t only do wedding photography; she will be there to photograph pretty much any momentous occasion you’ll have! From the engagement to the wedding, and from your first baby to your family portrait, Vanessa captures all those special moments you hold close to your heart! Her photography is absolutely gorgeous.
- Victoire (Dresses and accessories) - Looking for something truly one-of-a-kind and unique on your wedding day? Make sure you stop on by to either one of their downtown locations. They describe their stores’ aesthetic to be a “Rock ‘n’ Roll Tea Party”, and they focus on lines from Canadian designers (a few American ones, too!). We love the fabulous ladies who run the show there!
- Weddings InStyle (Venue and Planning Services) - We can’t speak highly enough of Weddings InStyle. Located in the ByWard Market, this is a beautiful spot that you can get anything from a quick, private ceremony (definitely a set up from city hall!) to a larger, full wedding experience complete with ceremony and reception. They can take care of as little or as much as you need, and have developed strong relationships with many vendors around Ottawa (including us!) so that you have less homework to do. You will fall in love when you step into this gorgeous venue!
- With Love Bridal (Dresses and accessories) - Located in Stittsville, With Love Bridal has a fantastic selection of gowns for your big day; they concentrate on finding dresses that are on trend, and of the best quality. Additionally, they do alterations on site, so you don’t have to worry about being sent away to deal with it on your own!